The primary role of the faculty member is to engage with students in the course, provide timely and detailed feedback to students, and monitor student success in meeting course learning outcomes.
Courses are pre-designed based on the student learning outcomes and 3-stage backward course design. Most courses run for 7-weeks in an asynchronous format.
UNCG Online’s innovative educational programming is based on implementation science and models evidence-based teaching methods that address learners’ professional needs aligned with workforce opportunities.
If you take an evidence-based approach to online teaching, hold students to high standards, and find value in connecting them to workplace habits, priorities, knowledge, and skills, you might enjoy a teaching assignment in the eLearning program.
For more information about the program and its courses, go to https://online.uncg.edu/graduate-certificate-in-elearning.
- Doctoral degree in instructional technology/instructional design/eLearning or relevant field is required for teaching in the eLearning graduate certificate.
- 1-3 years related practical/professional experience and/or training.
- 1-3 years online teaching experience.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
- Higher education teaching experience
- Knowledge of Quality Matters
- Experience with various Learning Management System software like Canvas
For more detailed information, please see the following sections on Faculty Responsibilities and Faculty Expectations.
- Provide a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teach asynchronous courses (7 or 5-week courses) as assigned.
- Develop and post the class syllabi according to the required template.
- Maintain 2-4 virtual office hours per week for each course.
- Ensure timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Lead message board discussions and engage students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Provide significant and timely feedback on student assignments.
- Partner with Academic Advisors and Program Administrators to address student concerns.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Input final grades into UNCGenie (Student Information System) in accordance with the university academic calendar.
- Enforce student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Adhere to program and university policies and processes.
- Attend required pre-semester program meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Engage with the community of instructors within the program.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Complete UNCG required training as assigned promptly including FERPA training, Information Security Training, and Professional Development for Online Instruction training, and any other training assigned.
- Additional duties as may be assigned.